Friday, January 23, 2009

Some thoughts...

As we watched the Nova special on life forms who beat the odds and thrive in the superheated water shooting out of volcanic undersea spouts, my husband wondered aloud, "How would you boil those crabs?"

If during sunday school you ask a 5 year old who Luke is, and he happens to be a huge Star Wars fan like, say, Samuel Paulin, get the answer you seek you will not.

I never thought I'd be reassuring my nine year old daughter that the Men in Black will not come looking for her as a result of her alien research. I suggested she lay off the books for a while and go play some video games.

According to my two year old, playing the part of Robin in the dynamic duo is desirable. I'm still scratching my head over this one.

I'm wondering why congress thinks bailing the economy out means enlarging the hole of an already sinking boat. I would think the responsible thing to do would be to fix the hole in the bottom of the boat. Silly me.

Tonight Bruce and I ate pomegranate and blueberry swirl ice cream. We are now doomed to remain in Missouri forever...or at least two seasons out of the year (see this week's article in the NY Times "The perils of pomegranate consumption" by P. R. Sephone)

1:35 am is really, really early in the morning. One is usually asleep, unless one is working graveyard shift. I should probably go to bed now. Hmm, yep. Good idea.

=P

7 comments:

Daydreams and Reality said...

I like the way you think...great commentary!

Lorie said...

Tell Arthur that auntie Lorie always preferred to play Robin, too. At leat my brother convinced me so... It must be the lot of the youngest sibling to be the sidekick, eh?

Liz said...

Yah, me thinks you're right. =?

Tek said...

I like your boat theory about congress! Only I like to think of the boat as Titanic and Congress as the captain of the ship increasing speed even though he knows there is iceberg sightings. Unfortunatley for us American citizens we are like all in third class!

Liz said...

Perhaps, but doesn't that make us the merry happy folk who dance on tables and speak with an endearing Irish brogue?

Tek said...

If this is true does this mean I finally get the gorgeous color of red hair I've been trying in vain to get all these years! And I got to tell you Liz my dancing on a table could in fact bring Titanic down all on it's own! Some people don't dance very well....it's more like standing up and having a grand mal siezure!

Liz said...

Nay, lass! Tis naight bot the haarrrhght that ya put inta thay jiggin that matterrrrrs!